Jibe Mobile, Inc. (“Jibe”):
Last Update: October 25, 2012
1. Information Jibe Collects
Jibe may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your mobile phone device, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
User Provided Information: You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your mobile phone number, billing information (if applicable) and mobile device information to Jibe when choosing to participate in various uses of the Service, such as registering as a user. In order to provide the Service, Jibe will periodically access your mobile device to obtain contact list and/or address book information (to find and keep track of mobile phone numbers of other users of the Service) and application information (to find games and other content that are compatible with the Service).
Communications and Content Transmitted or Shared through the Service: We do not copy, keep or archive, in the normal course of business, the contents of communications that have been delivered through the Service. User communications are sent to our servers using the data service through a user’s mobile or other connected device (for example, by mobile network or wifi). We route the communications to the intended recipient (who must also be a user of the Service), if that recipient is online. If the recipient is not online, the undelivered communication is held in Jibe’s server until it can be delivered. If the communication is undelivered for thirty (30) days, the undelivered communication is deleted from our servers. Once a communication has been delivered, it no longer resides on our servers. Jibe does not keep or retain the contents of any delivered communications — the only records of the content of any delivered communications reside directly on the sender’s and recipient’s mobile or other connected devices (and which may be deleted at the user’s option). However, Jibe may retain date and time stamp information associated with successfully delivered communications and the mobile phone numbers involved in the communications, as well as any other information which Jibe is legally compelled to collect. Files that are sent through the Service will reside on our servers after delivery for a short period of time, but are deleted and stripped of any identifiable information within a short period of time in accordance with our general retention policies.
Cookies Information: When you visit the Jibe Website, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Jibe uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information: When you use the Service, our servers log certain general information that our application sends whenever a communication, content or message is sent or received, including time and date stamps and the mobile phone numbers the messages were sent from and to. When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your communicaitons or web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser or device type, device language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform OS type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages or mobile screens, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or connected device.
2. Information Jibe Does Not Collect
Jibe does not collect names, emails, addresses or other contact information from your mobile device address book or contact lists other than mobile phone numbers. We do not collect location data, but users may voluntarily share their location with other users via the Service. We do not copy, keep or archive, in the normal course of business, the contents of communications that have been delivered through the Service.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily communicate public information through the Service that information can be accessed by the public and may in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
3. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Our primary objective in collecting any personal information (including Personally Identifiable Information) is to provide you with a superior and personally relevant user experience. Your Personally Identifiable Information may be used, for instance:
- To help us to develop, deliver, and improve the Service;
- To allow us to keep you posted regarding our latest Service announcements, software updates, and upcoming events;
- To respond to questions we receive from you or resolve problems you may have;
- To audit and analyze data to improve the Service and our customer communications.
4. Is The Information Shared or Disclosed?
Jibe is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third Party Applications and Services: If you elect to use one or more third party applications that interoperate with the Service, those applications may be given access to data (which may include Personally Identifiable Information) on Jibe’s systems generated in connection with your use of the Service. Please remember that Jibe is not responsible for the policies and practices of third party application providers, and Jibe shall have no liability arising from any action of any such provider as it concerns your data or information or otherwise. In connection with your use of any such third party applications, please review carefully the applicable privacy policies each such third party application provider to become familiar with their policies and practices as it concerns your data and information.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Jibe, like many businesses, sometimes uses other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements and Other Circumstances: Jibe may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Jibe, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Jibe is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information. We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personally Identifiable Information in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting through the Service in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
6. Third Party Advertising
The Service is currently ad-free. If we do introduce advertising into the Service, we will update this section.
7. Changing or Removing Information
As a user of a Jibe account, you may update or delete the personal information in your profile by logging into your account. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete your personal information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Where you share information with other users through the communication channels of our Services, you generally should not expect to have any ability to modify or remove such communications.
8. Our Policy Towards Children
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email@example.com]. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personally Identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.
9. Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what personal information a company shares with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Jibe does not share your information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission. If you have questions about our sharing practices or your rights under California law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail Attn: Privacy Officer, Jibe Mobile, Inc. 990 N Rengstorff Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043.
10. Your Choices